Making my European Mount  

Posted by Aaron

On the very last day of the season, I was lucky enough to shoot a buck! I don't have any pictures right now, but my friend has some I'll put on as soon as I can.
After skinning and butchering the deer, I was stuck with what to do with the antlers, and I decided to make my own European mount. It didn't look that hard, so in about 2 days I did it. Here are some pictures of the process. Here's the head right before the process...
Just starting to boil.
After about an hour and a half.
Sarah was excited for some brain stew!!!
At about 5 hours the skin started to kind of fall off.

After that it was a matter of scraping off skin, cleaning out brains
and other tissue, and then boiling for another couple hours.


These three were before I soaked it in Hydrogen Peroxide,
to make it whiter and clean off any last tag alongs.
And here is the finished product!
Now I will mount it on a plaque and post pics of that later:)

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 8:03 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Looks good Aaron! Sorry I didn't get back to you. I noticed there were utube videos on this process. I still haven't gotten into my magazines yet. This week has just been grueling. I'll blog a bit about it tonite or tomorrow.

November 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM

That mount looks awesome

November 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Post a Comment