New Guitar♦  

Posted by Aaron

Those who know me well know that I can't see an instrument without looking it over, trying it out and seeing what it sounds like. Right now I have two acoustic guitars, a banjo, a mandolin, a tuba, and an electric guitar. Oh wait, make that two. I was at Glory Days Antique shop in Springfield with my mom looking for books, and I stumbled upon a room upstairs filled with instruments. Looking at the guitars, I saw a headstock that intrigued me. And what do you know! The headstock was connected to a beautiful electric guitar. A Bently Les Paul. Shaped like the famous Gibson Les Paul, this guitar sounds beautiful. The twin humbuckers still worked, it just needs a little bit of rewiring for the treble/rhythm switch. I picked her up for $99! What a great find! Bently guitar company has since ceased to exist, but people who own them say they would rather have a Bently than most any guitar you can get. Wow!

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 6:49 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Sounds like a cool collection! You're going to have to get a monkey to help you play all of them.

May 14, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Hi Aaron,
There's definitely something special about finding a treasure tucked away back in someone's store. Looks like a nice guitar too. And I thought Bentley only made cars....probably a different company. Ha Ha. Hope you find more time to practice than I do. Check our recent postings too. Take care.

Dave

May 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Aaron do you ever put new stuff on??? :) how are you?
Happy 4th of july!
ashlee

July 3, 2009 at 5:47 PM

That guitar is really awesome! I wish I had musical talent like you.

July 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Post a Comment