Don't make sense....  

Posted by Aaron

I was disappointed to realize that to run in marathon I now have to pay a fee of $105 dollars! If I don't pay to be entered and just run the race, I am in danger of being labeled a "bandit"(which personally I think would be cool), and being kicked off the track(which would not be cool). It is a sorry situation, but a email was sent to see if it is possible for poor students like myself get a lesser cost to run... We will see what happens.
On a not so minor note, I was intrigued due to the fact I am now labeled as a "right wing extremist" by homeland security, due to the fact I oppose abortion and own firearms. I suppose if they knew I was a Christian I would be a threat to national security! It's a messed up world where those who advocate for the right of the unborn to live are labeled dangerous...

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

That doesn't make sense! I might understand $15.00 or maybe $20.00 so they could offer entrants a t-shirt and/or a patch but what are they wanting to do with $105.00. I don't know if you know it or not but when I was 13 or 14 years old, I ran (or walked)a marathon. It wasn't a flat marathon either. There were hills and valleys to traverse. I did it on a spur of the moment without any training before hand. I think it started at 8:00am and if one finished before 6:00pm he got a patch. I came crawling across the finish line at about 5:30pm crying like a baby. I was so tired and sore. I got the patch though. I wonder if I still have it.

April 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

bad news, the e-mail back said they could give you a 10% break for entering on line but that is it.I guess that would get you down in the ninety dollar area. They must think all runners are wealthy.Sorry :( love Mom

April 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Aaron,
I remember going to pick up your Uncle Bob with mom and dad after his first (and last) marathon. I can't imagine having to fork out $105 for such punishment. Maybe it should be the other way around where they pay you for completing the course instead. Just a thought.

Uncle Dave

April 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

*tsk tsk* "dont make sense?" bad grammer aaron, very bad grammer -grace

April 26, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Post a Comment