Fishin' the canals...  

Posted by Aaron

I had been seeing carp and trout for weeks in the canals at Alton Baker park, and finally I had to get some. It was slightly drizzly, but a couple friends and I braved the cold and cast a few into a certain "productive spot", near a bridge. It took a while, but I caught two rainbows, and a 15ish inch carp. The trout were only about 10 or so inches. Apparently my flies were too good for them, so I stuck a worm on the hook and cast it in. The carp was a lucky hit, I snagged him in the tail and pulled him in. It was a workout for my fly rod, but good stuff.
Not a very pretty spot, but here are some pictures...


This entry was posted on Sunday, April 26, 2009 at 5:08 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment